Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
8 Replies
|
5 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Get the entire output instead of wrapping it?

Posted 6 years ago

Hello everybody! I am new to Mathematica and I have a question, which I guess should be rather simple. In the attached file there is a script, that allows to obtain faces out of the adjacency matrix. It seem to work good. However, if the output is large enough, the program wraps the answer (the very last line of the script) instead of giving the list of vertices of faces. What is the way to make it write the whole list instead of wrapping it? Thanx in advance, Anton

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Anton Savchenkov
8 Replies

Thanks, Szabolcs!

You can also try this (work-in-progress) version of IGraph/M, which has planar graph functionality, including face finding.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/558aq5dynz81huk/IGraphM-0.3.99.92.paclet?dl=0

It is going to faster than your implementation and if there's a problem, it should give a clear hint (e.g. that the graph is not planar):

Mathematica graphics

POSTED BY: Szabolcs Horvát

OMG, thanx! I did not realize that...

I had misunderstood your question. The problem is that you apply FindFace to g, which is not a planar graph. The output is simply your input, unevaluated, because you give no instruction on what to do with a non-planar graph.

POSTED BY: Gianluca Gorni

Gianluca, this is what I get in the output:

enter image description here

If I click on the plus sign it shows the type of the graph, but I can not find a way to display all the elements... Did it show the elements in the desktop version?

I am not familiar with the online version. Perhaps it has stricter size limits. In the desktop version the iconized output has buttons to expand it. Are they there online too?

Thank you, Gianluca! It looks like what I was searching for. However, it didn't work for me... Maybe this is because I use the online version of Mathematica? I also tried to enlarge the output size limit in preferences, but I still get the iconized form of the output... Any other ideas? Thanks, Anton

You can use Short with a very large size limit:

Short[FindFace[g, GraphEmbedding[g]], Infinity]

Beware that formatting a very large output can crash the Front End. Save your work before doing it.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract