Message Boards Message Boards

Mathematica Plugin for IntelliJ IDEA

Some of you might know this already, but to reach a greater group of people, I will make a short announcement here too. 
It started with a simple idea in 2012 which was only possible due to the very specific front end behavior in Mathematica 9.0.0 (and only there). This gave me the final push to start a project I always wanted start: An open-source IDE for Mathematica packages with support for features I have always dreamed of. The project is now at a state where it can be used and, although many features are still missing, I'm proud to present the

Mathematica Plugin for IntelliJ IDEA

I really don't want to duplicate all information here, because everything can be found on the above web-site, but to give you at least some impression what to expect, let me give a direct link to the

Highlights Video on YouTube

One of the great strengths of the plugin is the camel-hump autocompletion which works for everything. You just start writing and IDEA suggests you the correct function or variable:

Another interesting features is that the usages for all built-in functions are directly available during coding

And not only for functions, for operators too.

If you are interested and want to try it or (even better) want to help, I would be delighted.
Also: visit the official stackexchange post.

Cheers
Patrick
POSTED BY: Patrick Scheibe
Thank you for posting this, Patrick, - nice addition to our Add-Ons group. First I must say the music in the "Highlights Video on YouTube" is really code-inspiring ;-) It is really cool project and I am glad you guys expanding programing tools for Wolfram Language. I know programmers that like IDEA's syntax highlighting, autocompletions, search, linting, web server synchronization, and Git integration.
POSTED BY: Vitaliy Kaurov
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract