Message Boards Message Boards

Scatter plotting satellites?

Posted 5 years ago

Im dealing with a table of GEO satellites, I have generated a table with Az and EL values relative to my location. To bad they couldn't be found in the SatelliteData[] query...

This is a snippet of the data.

dataSatTable = {
  {"SAT NAME", "EL", "AZ"},
  {"NSS-806", 3.26, 99.47},
  {"Galaxy-17-19", 5.69, 258.52},
  {"Eutelsat-113", 10.4, 254.51}
 }

I need to plot each satellite as a dot with a text tag on a scatter plot, This will form an arc. I then need to add another table of data containing obstructions on the plot.

Any pointers?

POSTED BY: Mathison Ott
2 Replies

Welcome to Wolfram Community! Please make sure you know the rules: https://wolfr.am/READ-1ST

Please check existing resources before posting and if they are not enough, please, show your own initial effort with the Wolfram Language code and explain what did not work out for you. Here are some good starting points:

POSTED BY: Moderation Team

I would be curious to know what type of general problem you are trying to solve. Now to it per se.

If you just search for "scatter plot" in docs you get ListPlot with numerous examples. The 4th example shows how to label points. You should always check docs first - they are wonderfully informative. So perhaps you mean something like this:

ListPlot[Callout[{#2,#3},#1]&@@@dataSatTable,PlotTheme->"Detailed",FrameLabel->{"EL","AZ"}]

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Vitaliy Kaurov
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract