5 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

Graphics3D not working on RPi?

Posted 11 years ago
I tried to use Graphics3D today and did not get any ouput (ie, using something simple like Graphics3d[Cuboid[]]); the resource load widget showed that the CPU spun for about 5 seconds but then went flat with no visible change to the Mathematica notebook at all. Other 3D renderings like KnotData["Trefoil"] worked, although my poor little RPi struggled (CPU running 100% for quite a while). Just curious, is this a known issue? Plotting simple lines also works fine.
POSTED BY: Charles Schultz
5 Replies
Graphics is a fairly troublesome point for this port in its current state and it's under very active development right now. I think we should be able to deliver some significant improvements on that front relatively soon. Thanks for bringing this particular rendering issue to our attention. 
POSTED BY: Alex Newman
Posted 11 years ago
Alex, thanks for your response. Just be clear, I am hopping for joy and with respect for all the hard work the Wolfram and RPi teams are doing to make this a reality! This is so very exciting!

As to the rendering issues, is it possible to output a message to the notebook (screen) saying that something went amiss? I rather have an error message than nothing at all. emoticon
POSTED BY: Charles Schultz
If we find a limitation that affects user experience, we will definitely try to add an error message. The primary goal, however, is to make sure that these rendering errors don't happen at all.
POSTED BY: Alex Newman
Charles,

Graphics3D[Cuboid[]] seems to work OK for me:
POSTED BY: Arnoud Buzing
Posted 11 years ago
I've done few tests using the remote development panel from a macbook pro and it seems to work nicely, but it could be that in this case part of the work si done by the laptop (e.g the rendering) and it's not a proper test case.
POSTED BY: Marcello Seri
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract