Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
4 Replies
|
11 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Why not allow Wolfram login for leaving comments on Wolfram Blog posts?

As things stand, to leave a comment about a post on the Wolfram Blog, one has only three choices: (1) login first with Facebook; (2) login first with Twitter; or (3) login as guest (and have the comment held for moderation).

Given the known excesses of Facebook and Twitter and the known (and unknown) security risks of using Facebook and Twitter logins on 3rd-party sites, why not include another option, namely:

(4) login first with one's Wolfram account?

Is there some technical or other impediment to having that option added?

POSTED BY: Murray Eisenberg
4 Replies

It's a good idea, Murray, we are actually looking into this and I will pass yours and George's thoughts to our internal teams. Indeed, we do move towards unified sign-in system, as you can see, for example, with Wolfram Community, which is Wolfram ID based. Thank you for your interest and constructive suggestions!

POSTED BY: Vitaliy Kaurov

I would like this option as well. I don't use facebook, and I use Twitter of necessity and want it to know as little as possible about what I do.

The wolfram ID has evolved quite a bit since it was introduced in 2003(?).

I don't have answers for this or your immediately prior question/suggestion, but they seem interesting and I sent links to a few people better qualified (than myself) to assess this.

POSTED BY: Daniel Lichtblau

Thanks!

POSTED BY: Murray Eisenberg
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract