4 Replies
|
13 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

[Notebook] How to Learn/Teach Wolfram Language: A Computational Approach

POSTED BY: Mads Bahrami
4 Replies

enter image description here - Congratulations! This post is now featured in our Staff Pick column as distinguished by a badge on your profile of a Featured Contributor! Thank you, keep it coming, and consider contributing your work to the The Notebook Archive!

POSTED BY: Moderation Team

Dear Mads,

this is the type of table I add at the end of lecture notes. This one contains a list of functions used at the WTC2019 in oder of frequency used. Each function is active and links to the documentation.

Cheers, Marco

POSTED BY: Marco Thiel

Dear Mads,

thanks a lot for your post. It is very useful and I think can inform teaching the Wolfram Language. Here is a BarChart of the frequency of Functions used in all talks at the WTC2019:

enter image description here

I have often been asked to add a table with all functions that came up in a lecture (or just the new ones) by students in form of a table. This allows us to create a Wolfram Language Learners' Dictionary similar to books like this (for a natural language).

Thanks a lot, Marco

POSTED BY: Marco Thiel
Posted 4 years ago

Thanks a lot Marco! WL functions table is a very cool/useful idea. I will adapt it from now on. Also, a dictionary of WL functions customized for a field of research should be very instructive. Looking at the WTC19 function frequency, what I noticed immediately is that how usage frequency is topic/subject oriented.

POSTED BY: Updating Name
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract