Message Boards Message Boards

Install a C compiler for the Wolfram Mathematica 12.0 student version

Posted 4 years ago

Dear all, I am trying to run a code with my laptop where I installed the Wolfram Mathematica 12.0 student version. My laptop runs on windows 10 64bit. Unfortunately. I do not know what kind of Mathematica version (64/32) I have, since I had to download it from my university and there was only one option. I need to compile functions with C and therefore I tried to install a c compiler, but Mathematica does not see them. So far I tried various versions of MinGW and of course visual studio. Unfortunately Mathematica never recognizes the installations. (See below) Me trying to find my c compilers with mathematica... I also tried to set up the path for the c compilers myself. Me trying to set the path... However I am not sure, whether I chose the right path. I used the one shown above in my latest try. It helped a little bit. Now my error messages when using compilationtarget-> c is, that Mathematica can not generate a library. Still Mathematica does not find anything using CCompilers[Full] as seen above. So its far from perfect... I don't know how to fix this. I would really appreciate any kind of help.

POSTED BY: Dan Bo
5 Replies

You should be able to see whether your Mathematica is 32- or 64-bits by evaluating:

$Version
POSTED BY: Murray Eisenberg
Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Posted 4 years ago

Ubuntu can't install a "Microsoft visual C" as far as know (which is strongly oriented only for use only in making Microsoft Windows supporting "apps" (not shell use as "cc")), nor will the Microsoft binary of Mathematica run in Ubuntu (as far as i know).

You "click to expand" the error message to show the whole message.

Unless your school requested that you run Ubuntu on a laptop and run Mathematica on Ubunto - if you value your time (ie, which to have time to actually work on your homework instead of hacking lib and path failures): I strongly suggest getting a (used / low cost) Apple or Microsoft computer (at least until your out of school).

POSTED BY: Anonymous User
Posted 4 years ago

Thank you!

Posted 4 years ago

Hmm sry I am already using a Windows Pc. So I don't get your point. Probably I did not write my question correctly...

Posted 4 years ago

So for everyone interested in this... I know figured out, that everything works with Visual Studio Express 2015. It feels very slow, but it's ok.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract