Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
5 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Predecessor to a Wolfram Blog post "P-Value Pitfalls"?

The Wolfram blog post "P-Value Pitfalls: Correction Common Mistakes" (https://community.wolfram.com/groups/-/m/t/1824481) by Seth Chandler, begins:

We are now ready for a crucial concept : the p - value. 

It seems that this document is a continuation of some larger work on statistics. Where does one find the predecessor document(s)?

POSTED BY: Murray Eisenberg
5 Replies

Yes, the post (and Notebook file) is useful as is.

It would certainly be even more useful in the context of prerequisite statistics/probability exposition. Just a suggestion!

The document emerged out of some unpublished course lectures. I hope the document I did post is useful on a stand-alone basis.

POSTED BY: Seth Chandler
Posted 4 years ago

Editorial on p-values from the American Statistical Association: ASA Statement on p-Values (only 4 pages of text)

Reader's Digest Version (for those of you old enough to know what that is): The American Statistical Association statement on P-values explained

POSTED BY: Jim Baldwin

Yes, I've read the ASA statement. But I didn't ask about related documents on the top, but rather specifically about predecessor documents from the blog post's author, since the post seems to begin "mid-stream".

Posted 4 years ago

Sorry. I know you know this stuff. I should have added it to Seth's post rather than yours.

Jim

POSTED BY: Jim Baldwin
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract