[Notebook] A precise explanation of the P - Value

Posted 9 months ago
|
5 Replies
|
25 Total Likes
|

5 Replies

enter image description here - Congratulations! This post is now featured in our Staff Pick column as distinguished by a badge on your profile of a Featured Contributor! Thank you, keep it coming, and consider contributing your work to the The Notebook Archive!

Thanks for the recognition. Just so people understand the context for this notebook, I developed it as part of a class I teach to students at the University of Houston Law Center, Analytic Methods for Lawyers, so that they have a good conceptual understanding of statistics. I hope it is helpful for others.

Also, ignore the last paragraph of the notebook; it should not be there. (maybe the moderators could delete it).

Posted 9 months ago

Hi @Seth Chandler , excellent post.

Do you have something similar for conditional probability? It is a topic that always raises its ugly head in court and may have sent many innocent people to jail.

The first sentence is "We are now ready for a crucial concept : the p - value." This seems to say that there are materials that precede this document.

Where can one find those materials?

Posted 6 months ago

Hi, this is the very first time I have encountered this site and I have sort of an off topic question How do I cite your notebook for Mendeley or Reference Manager?

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract