GROUPS:

[NB] Exploring social trends on Covid-19 pandemic using WikipediaData

Posted 1 year ago
|
2 Replies
|
5 Total Likes
|

Here I want to share a quick computational exploration on Covid-19 pandemic using WikipediaData. It's easy to spot an initial peak of interest corresponding to China's outbreak and later second wave of page hits after WHO announced COVID-19 outbreak a pandemic on 12th of March. Feel free to share your own findings on this thread. Probably there are some interesting correlations waiting to be discovered.

2 Replies

This is interesting. I have been doing something similar, comparing data on terms like "Wuhan virus" by country, etc. However, it seems like Google Search/Trends data might be much more powerful way to do this, but I haven't found any nice integration with Google data (other than Analytics, which I think only applies to one's own websites) the way there is for Wikipedia Hits. If anyone knows of one, that'd be wonderful. Thanks! -- David

enter image description here -- you have earned Featured Contributor Badge enter image description here

Your exceptional post has been selected for our editorial column Staff Picks http://wolfr.am/StaffPicks and Your Profile is now distinguished by a Featured Contributor Badge and is displayed on the Featured Contributor Board. Thank you!

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract