|
5 Replies
|
7 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How to get WORKBENCH ????

Posted 11 years ago
I am looking for website where I can get Wolfram workbench free...can anyone help me ???
POSTED BY: guruji60
5 Replies
I don't know much about the developement of Workbench actually. 

If you send it as a suggestion to support@wolfram.com, then it'll be looked at by whoever develops it. There are many developers at Wolfram Research interested in starting and supporting open source projects. If I'm not mistaken, I believe what you are suggesting is what we ended up doing with HadoopLink, so it's definitely not without precedent, but I don't know anything about the internals of the Workbench plug-in for eclipse so it'd be hard for me to comment on it. 
POSTED BY: Sean Clarke
I agree with Rolf.  If the package development tools (Workbench, MUnit and the profiler) were free, that would improve the quality of packages (most popular packages are free).  If there are more high quality packages that would improve both the reputation and the usefulness of Mathematica---in the end probably a bigger win for WRI than any income from Workbench sales ... 

Mathematica is a platform and good developer tools are essential for the success of a platform.

I know from first hand experience that MUnit, which is part of Workbench, was essential for the development of MATLink. Without it MATLink would still exist but it would be much buggier.
POSTED BY: Szabolcs Horvát
Sean,
why not make Workbench kind of opensource, too? It would be great, since we could fix the bugs ourselves and would not have to wait for years ...
Rolf
POSTED BY: Rolf Mertig
Workbench can be purchased or it is available to anyone with premier service. This typically includes academic licenses for universities. Contact Wolfram Research by phone or email for more information.

There are some open source projects that are making a Mathematica IDE. You may want to consider this plug-in for example: http://www.halirutan.de/start
POSTED BY: Sean Clarke
You get it for free after you've paid for Wolfram Premier Service http://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/how-to-buy/premier-service.html
POSTED BY: Udo Krause
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract