4 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

No Animation with CloudDeploy[Manipulate[...]]

Posted 4 years ago

When you have a simple Manipulate like

Manipulate[Plot[Sin[x (1 + a x)], {x, 0, 6}], {{a, 1}, 0, 2, Appearance -> "Open"}]

you get a normal animated Manipulate. I.e. The a-Control has the animation buttons and the top menu contains AutoRun. enter image description here

When you deploy that same code as an (unnamed) web application by

CloudDeploy[
 Manipulate[
  Plot[Sin[x (1 + a x)], {x, 0, 6}], {{a, 1}, 0, 2, 
   Appearance -> "Open"}]]

and call the URL the animation controls are missing and there is no way to animate the application enter image description here

Does someone have an idea, what is wrong with that example and how I can get it animated?

POSTED BY: Werner Geiger
4 Replies
Posted 3 years ago

I reported the question to support. Their final answer is:

"The absence of all of these buttons and controls related to animation or automatic progression of a Manipulate[] slider is intentional, as this functionality is not yet ready in the Wolfram Cloud"

To me, this explanation sounds a bit strange since the Animator-control works as one can see from above.

But I can live with it since I have the bypass mentioned (Animator-Control plus InputField-Control).

Posted 4 years ago

Hi Werner,

Don't know why the behavior is different. Should be reported to support. This works

CloudDeploy[
 Manipulate[Plot[Sin[x (1 + a x)], {x, 0, 6}], {{a, 1}, 0, 2, 
   ControlType -> Animator, Appearance -> "Open", AnimationRunning -> False}]]
POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi
Posted 4 years ago

Hi Rohit, I know that it works with an Animator-control instead of a Manipulator-control. But there is no input field with Animator, hence you cannot set a particular a-value. (BTW.: The Appearance->"Open" is unnecessary with Animator).

So I try it with an additional control for a. This is a reasonable bypass for my problem:

Manipulate[Plot[Sin[x (1 + a x)], {x, 0, 6}], 
 Control[{{a, 1}, 0, 2, Animator, AnimationRunning -> False}], 
 Control[{{a, 1, ""}, InputField}]]

enter image description here This works and when deployed it has the same controls.

CloudDeploy[
 Manipulate[Plot[Sin[x (1 + a x)], {x, 0, 6}], 
  Control[{{a, 1}, 0, 2, Animator, AnimationRunning -> False}], 
  Control[{{a, 1, ""}, InputField}]]]

CloudObject["https://www.wolframcloud.com/obj/90b72a4d-6efa-463c-99d4-\
f2222dc19e05"]

An even better solution might be a self-defined control with FormObject that defines an Animator with an input field. This is pretty tedious and I did not really try it.

Posted 4 years ago

Unfortunately I got no reaction to this post Is it an unknown problem? Should I ask support?

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract