Message Boards Message Boards

StudBud: Study group matching algorithm

POSTED BY: Jessica Shi
4 Replies

enter image description here -- you have earned Featured Contributor Badge enter image description here Your exceptional post has been selected for our editorial column Staff Picks http://wolfr.am/StaffPicks and Your Profile is now distinguished by a Featured Contributor Badge and is displayed on the Featured Contributor Board. Thank you!

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Posted 3 years ago

Jessica:

Thank you for the explanation. That helps a great deal.

Of course I hope your study buddy matching took into account pizza and beer preferences. :)

Keep up the great work.

POSTED BY: Mike Besso
Posted 3 years ago

Jessica:

Great post.

Though, I am curious as to why you found Google Forms easier to use than Wolfram Cloud Forms.

I know very little about either, but I will likely face a challenge soon that will require me to make a similar decision.

THANKS

POSTED BY: Mike Besso

Hi!

I initially created a Wolfram Cloud Form that worked fine for our purpose. We ended up choosing to use Google forms instead because we're working in a group, and we all wanted to be able to access the questions and responses easily, and my teammates do not have a lot of experience using Wolfram. Also, some of the free-form input responses, we needed to edit out mistakes (such as people who didn't format their class correctly). It was really easy to do that on Google Sheets, since the form automatically updates all responses into a sheets file. Once we get all our responses, I will export the sheets as a .csv, and complete the matching in a Wolfram notebook. Hope this helps!

-Jessica Shi

POSTED BY: Jessica Shi
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract