Message Boards Message Boards

2020 Brazilian Wild and Criminal Fires: Analysis and Visualization

UPDATED: Added the data from September ? 2020.

brazilian wild and criminal fires

POSTED BY: Pedro Cabral
9 Replies

These are some amazing visualizations Pedro! Well done.

POSTED BY: Hamza Alsamraee

enter image description here -- you have earned Featured Contributor Badge enter image description here Your exceptional post has been selected for our editorial column Staff Picks http://wolfr.am/StaffPicks and Your Profile is now distinguished by a Featured Contributor Badge and is displayed on the Featured Contributor Board. Thank you!

POSTED BY: Moderation Team

Thank you, Hamza!

Posted 3 years ago

Wow nice work dude!

POSTED BY: Tianyi Wang

Wow.. this is really nice work. Congratulations.

POSTED BY: Estevao Teixeira

Hi Pedro, these visualizations and data cleaning are great and very helpful! I have recently started using Mathematica, so I was wondering if it were possible to create a time series from the cleaned data to compare wildfires across years.

Hello Julia! In order for you to work with data from the BDQueimadas national database, you will need to request data from this link: https://queimadas.dgi.inpe.br/queimadas/bdqueimadas#exportar-dados

Google Translate should help you through, but note that you can only get at max, an interval of 366 days from the starting ISO date to the ending ISO date.

You cannot instantly download the data from BDQueimadas, you need to "ask" the data first through your e-mail, in less than 10 minutes, you will have the requested data (they only do this for access statistics).

Data cleaning and parsing is not difficult with the Wolfram Language, just an Import and you're good to go. If you want to refine and preprocess your data, you will need to create a data processing pipeline in a Notebook, that won't take much. But I should warn you that working with a massive GeoJSON is not a good idea, preferrably, choose a CSV file.

Feel free to get in touch with me through my LinkedIn available in my personal website (available in my community user page).

Thanks!

Thank you, Tianyi!

Thank you very much, Estevao..!

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract