Message Boards Message Boards

Using OCR to copy Math content to notebook?

Posted 3 years ago

Transcribing mathematics from books/articles/classroom notes into a Mathematica notebook is time consuming by hand typing (am legally blind with problems with my fingers) and yes it is much faster due to autocomplete in Mathematica, but that is not as smart as it could be; however, I rather work smart than hard. ;-) Over ten yrs ago I read papers on OCR of math equations and some looked promising. But with all the advances in machine learning, I am expecting by now the ability to MOCR (math ocr) within Mathematica or some other software tool I can buy. Even if it is getting me to 80% of the work done would be helpful.

Speaking of working hard, so has anybody written up a tutorial(S), comprehensive please, on inputting equations from textbooks etc into Mathematica for study? Looking for coverage on definitions that use ". . ." a lot. Math teachers using Mathematica need to share in one notebook training in transcribing from textbook to a notebook. I have found only small fragments over the decade.

Thanks, Andrew

POSTED BY: Andrew Meit
POSTED BY: Kyle Keane
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract