Message Boards Message Boards

Computational Parenting: Are we nearly there yet?

POSTED BY: Marco Thiel
7 Replies

Moderator Note: this post was highlighted on the Wolfram's official social media channels. Thank you for your contribution. We are looking forward to your future posts.

POSTED BY: Moderation Team

Your children are incredibly lucky to have you. :)

POSTED BY: Danielle Rommel

enter image description here -- you have earned Featured Contributor Badge enter image description here Your exceptional post has been selected for our editorial column Staff Picks http://wolfr.am/StaffPicks and Your Profile is now distinguished by a Featured Contributor Badge and is displayed on the Featured Contributor Board. Thank you!

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
POSTED BY: Henrik Schachner

I have a hard time interpreting the entropy measure in this case. For example:

POSTED BY: Mads Bahrami

Hi Mads,

I have no idea about the entropies. I think though that you are calculating some sort of cumulative string. If you do it per number:

s = Table[N@Entropy@
StringDelete[StringJoin[IntegerName[#, {"Words", "English"}] & @i], {FromCharacterCode[
8208], " ", ","}], {i, 1, 1000}];

ListLinePlot[s, GridLines -> {Range[1, 1000, 10], Automatic}]

enter image description here

Here's a (very badly plotted) image

entropyspeech = Entropy[SpeechSynthesize[StringReplace[IntegerName[#], "\[Hyphen]" -> " "]]] & /@ Range[1000];

Show[ListLinePlot[N[Entropy[StringDelete[StringRiffle[StringSplit@IntegerName[#, {"Words", "English"}], " "], ","]]] & /@ Range[1, 1000], PlotRange -> All], 
 ListLinePlot[entropyspeech // N, PlotRange -> All, PlotStyle -> Red],PlotRange -> All]

enter image description here

I cannot really tell yet what that means. Perhaps if I plot it better, and fix the problem I mentioned in the reply to Henrik...

Cheers,

Marco

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract