|
|
4 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

OBS virtual camera installed, now can't get rid of it

I installed OBS Studio on my iMac. It created a Virtual Camera which Mathematica recognizes as the primary camera. OBS Studio was installed for trying this application out but I don't have a need for it.

There is no uninstall process, but according to online discussions, I just needed to delete the application in the /Applications directory, and its folder in the /Library/Application Support directory. I've done both, deleted the contents of Trash and rebooted.

Running

$ImagingDevices

I get the output

{"OBS Virtual Camera", "FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)"}

just as I had before deleting the OBS app and directory.

When I execute

CurrentImage[]

The output is the OBS icon for the unconnected virtual camera.

OBS Image

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

POSTED BY: Lawrence Winkler
4 Replies
Posted 2 years ago

You should be able to do something like the following: mathematica CurrentImage[ ImagingDevice->$ImagingDevices[[2]] ]

This is according to the CurrentImage documentation

POSTED BY: Alec Graves

Thank you.

Followup question.

How does Mathematica get it's hardware information? And where does it store that information?

I had expected, once I killed the virtual camera (I think I have) I would have expected Mathematica to "forget" that camera had ever existed.

It didn't.

POSTED BY: Lawrence Winkler
Posted 2 years ago

I am not really sure how Mathematica gets this info. I would assume it reads the info from your operating system somehow.

Maybe you could check in other apps (like your browser, or camera app) to see if the virtual obs cam is still listed as a device? And maybe try rebooting?

POSTED BY: Alec Graves

Could you check if there's a file for the OBS Virtual Camera device in /Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL/? If so, try moving it to another location and restarting Mathematica.

POSTED BY: Jesse Friedman
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract