Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
2 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Convert octaves to frequency with continuous wavelet transform?

Hello, everyone. First, let me apologize for my poor English.

I am trying to calculate the mean power frequency of EMG data by continuous wavelet transform in Mathematica. However, as you know, the data after the continuous wavelet transform shows the frequency component as a ”octaves”.

The code I wrote is as follows:

cwt=ContinuousWaveletTransform[EMGsig], MorletWavelet[]]

ListPlot3D[Abs@Reverse[Last /@ cwt[All]], PlotRange -> All, Mesh -> None, ColorFunction -> "SolarColors", Ticks -> {Automatic, Automatic, Automatic}, AxesLabel -> {"time", "octaves", "magnitude"}, Boxed -> False,  PlotLabel -> Style["EMGsig", 20]]

Then I get the result as shown in the image. enter image description here

I want to display the frequency(Hz) instead of the ”octaves” when I display the scalogram or 3Dplot, but I don't know how to convert it.

Please tell me how to convert octaves to frequency.

POSTED BY: Mikiya Shimizu
2 Replies

Welcome to Wolfram Community!
Please make sure you know the rules: https://wolfr.am/READ-1ST
Your post is vague. Please describe your subject extensively providing the details, examples, and code, so it is clear what exactly you are looking for.

POSTED BY: Moderation Team

Dear Moderator, in my opinion this question is very clear. I'm surprised that Wolfram has not yet provided a function to do this directly. As an engineer I use usually frequency and not octave. Have you an answer or an example to this question or you don't know ?

regards

Stefano Albier

POSTED BY: Stefano Albieri
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract