Message Boards Message Boards

Where does the ResourceFunction stored locally?

Posted 2 years ago

Whenever we pull a function from the Wolfram Function Repository using "ResourceFunction", where does the downloaded files stored in the system? Using <strong>ResourceFunction to compute a <strong>Collatz sequence</strong> using the <strong>Collatz</strong> function.

POSTED BY: Ajit Kumar Sahoo
3 Replies
Posted 2 years ago

Local caches of resource functions are stored in binary format and are quite small. On my machine, Collatz occupies 21KB. Hardly seems worth the effort to delete. Even on a Raspberry Pi storage is cheap.

You might want to try PersistResourceFunction, it provides a clean way to install and uninstall resource functions.

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi

I need to know this because after using the function from WFR for any practical purpose, the disk space it takes in my system would be for nothing. That's why by knowing this, I will delete the respective files in that specific directory.

POSTED BY: Ajit Kumar Sahoo
Posted 2 years ago

Hi Ajit,

They are stored somewhere under

PersistenceLocation["Local"][[2]]

Why do you need to know this? The source code for all WFR functions is available for download. Click on the "Source Notebook" button on the top left of a functions documentation page.

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract