|
2 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Bloomberg Desktop API

Posted 10 years ago
I am just starting to use Finance Platform on Mathematica 9. My computer is a Windows 8.1 guest on a new iMac. I noticed, however, that I am not able to connect to the Bloomberg System. When trying, my PC says " Due to the availability of Bloomberg Desktop API, BloombergLink is available only on Microsoft Operating systems.

Can somebody advise?
POSTED BY: helmut niko
2 Replies
To connect to Bloomberg, you must purchase a subscription from that company and download/install their software. Only then can the Finance Platform do this.

The Finance Platform can only connect to Bloomberg on Windows:
https://www.wolfram.com/finance-platform/features/system-requirements.html

From what I've read online, the bloomberg service can only be installed on Windows. It doesn't run on Mac. So the first question is, "Can you run the Bloomberg Terminal?"

If Yes,
- Are you running it on some kind of Windows Virtual Machine on your Mac?

If No,
 - Have you purchased a Bloomberg subscription?
 - Do you have their software for the bloomberg terminal installed?
You will want to contact Bloomberg's technical support for help getting their product installed and working before trying to link it to Mathematica.
POSTED BY: Sean Clarke
Posted 10 years ago
Hello Sean,

I am indeed running on a virtual machine (Windows 8.1) installed on an iMac using Parallels Desktop. I am using a demo version of Wolfram's Financial Platform and would therefore not purchase a Bloomberg subscription. I will try to install their desktop and maybe I can experiment a bit with it.

Thanks again for your reply.
POSTED BY: helmut niko
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract