Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
5 Replies
|
16 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

What are the best resources for paclet development?

Posted 2 years ago

With the release of 13, Wolfram seems to have become more committed to deploying for users the tools needed for paclet development. I am interested creating paclets now, rather than packages. I have been reviewing the documentation that came out with 13, and it seems understandable to me with perhaps two exceptions:

Creating documentation: There is a paclet which provides tools for this. And there is a tutorial called ‘Documentation Tools Quick Start’. That tutorial explains what each pallete button does, but gives no overall instruction. It’s like a book on building houses that describes what hammers and saws do. Can anyone recommend the best way to build documentation in the Wolfram style? Is there any other educational material?

Workbench: Using Wolfram Workbench for building paclets is recommended by Wolfram developers. Is Workbench 2 as an Eclipse plug-in still the way to go? Or has Mathematica 13 provided a better methodology?

Any advice on developing paclets is appreciated.

Cross posted here here:

POSTED BY: David Keith
5 Replies
Posted 2 years ago

Thank you all. And thank you Connor for the great answer to my cross post. I’m really looking forward to writing my own paclets.

POSTED BY: David Keith

Hi David,

I'm the primary developer of the new PacletTools functionality. I'm glad to hear that you're interested in using these new tools to begin developing paclets.

I've just posted an answer on your cross-posted Stack Exchange question that I hope should answer your questions.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or any feedback on this topic.

Thanks, Connor

POSTED BY: Connor Gray

Hi Connor,

Thanks for highlighting these additional resources - very helpful. Would there be any chance of a Daily Study Group series to cover the various aspects of Paclet development and distribution?

All the best,

Ian

POSTED BY: Ian Williams

Also, this thread might be useful: https://community.wolfram.com/groups/-/m/t/2436487

POSTED BY: Mads Bahrami

Hi David,

Have you checked this Tech Note?

Creating Paclets

POSTED BY: Ahmed Elbanna
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract