|
4 Replies
|
5 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Changing TabView background colour?

Posted 12 years ago
Is there a way to change the background colour of a TabView to white (or the Notebook background colour?)

I'm working on a presentation where I used the XKCD-style graphics trick (discussed here http://blog.wolfram.com/2012/10/05/automating-xkcd-diagrams-transforming-serious-to-funny/) but all my plots end up having a white background that doesn't look very nice in the default TabView environment.

Here's an example:
POSTED BY: Martin Hadley
4 Replies
One possibility would be to try using Panel in back of all tab contents and make sure the Panel spans the full size of each tab:

TabView[{Panel[
   Plot[x, {x, 0, 1}, ImageSize -> 200, Background -> Green],
   ImageSize -> {400, 300}, Background -> Green],
  Panel[Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 19}, ImageSize -> 400,
    Background -> Green], ImageSize -> {400, 300},
   Background -> Green]}]

POSTED BY: Jeffrey Bryant
It sure looks to me as though you can include a Background->Blue or whatever option to your TabView. 
TabView[{Plot[x, {x, 0, 1}, ImageSize -> 200],   Plot[Sin, {x, 0, 1}, ImageSize -> 400]}, Background -> Green]
POSTED BY: Seth Chandler
Thanks for your answer, Seth.

That doesn't quite do what I would like, I'd like to be able to set the background colour within an individual pane of a TabView to white - rather than splash a colour over the entire object (resulting in the whole TabView clashing with the background colour of the notebook).

Maybe this is something that's just not possible, it just makes images look unattractive that have white bordering because I'm not a Photoshop expert.
That's pretty close to what I'd like to do, I didn't know the syntax to get panes into a TabView.

Thanks!
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract