Message Boards Message Boards

Generating UML diagrams for Raku namespaces

Posted 2 years ago

POSTED BY: Anton Antonov
4 Replies

enter image description here -- you have earned Featured Contributor Badge enter image description here Your exceptional post has been selected for our editorial column Staff Picks http://wolfr.am/StaffPicks and Your Profile is now distinguished by a Featured Contributor Badge and is displayed on the Featured Contributor Board. Thank you!

POSTED BY: Moderation Team

Thank you for the recognition, Moderation Team!

The notebook above also shows several "2022-upgrades" of the WL-UML package implemented and proclaimed in 2016. (See "UML Diagrams Creation and Generation".)

Here is a list of the upgrades:

• Making PlantUML specs (PlantUMLSpec)
  • Getting PlantUML diagrams via Java JAR file (JavaPlantUML)
  • Getting PlantUML diagrams via Python package for the PlantUML web service (PythonWebPlantUML)

A few comments I would like to make:

• It seems that every “self-respecting” language should / does have UML diagrams generation functionalities.

• The existence of PlantUML was a big motivator for my Raku implementation. PlantUML has a nice plug-in I can use in Commaide or IntelliJ.

• IntelliJ-pro generates UML diagrams “out of the box” for Java, Kotlin, Python, etc.

• Both Raku and WL have strong introspection abilities, so endowing them with UML diagram making packages is “a must !”

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract