2 Replies
|
6 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

After installing Tesseract add-on, TextRecognize in Mathematica crashes

Posted 10 years ago

Hi:

I have installed and used Tesseract (ver 3.02) without any problem before I installed Mathematica 9.0.1.0 on my Windows 8.1 (64-bit). When I tried TextRecognize, I got the following message:

LinkObject::linkd: Unable to communicate with closed link LinkObject["C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\Mathematica\9.0\SystemFiles\Converters\Binaries\Windows-x86-64\Tesseract.exe",453,7].

I rebooted my PC and started Mathematica, and it crashed again. I don't know if my original Tesseract version is conflicting with the Mathematica's bundled version. Any suggestion to solve the problem?

Thanks!

POSTED BY: Yuen Mlv
2 Replies

I haven't seen this myself, but I would suggest resetting Mathematica's preferences to the default configuration and then reinstalling Tesseract.

If you still see this problem, you may want to contact Wolfram Technical Support.

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke

Yuen,

I had the same problem as you (I had Tesseract 3.0.2 installed as well).

I had to uninstall it (didn't help by itself) and then remove the installation directory ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Tesseract...") and finally search the Windows registry (regedit.exe) for any leftover 'tesseract' entries (I zapped them all) and then reboot my machine.

We're working on overhauling this OCR functionality for the Wolfram Language, so I expect that a future version will not have this software compatibility conflict.

Let me know if this helps you (or not)!

POSTED BY: Arnoud Buzing
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract