Message Boards Message Boards

Import Uploaded Data (CSV) into Notebook

Posted 10 years ago

I have uploaded a csv file (testtempCSV.csv) into my home directory in Wolfram Cloud.

enter image description here

How do I import this data from this file into my notebook? Using Import? Another command? CloudGet? CloudObject? CloudImport? How do I easily find the URL of testtempCSV.csv? I have tried a few of the Cloud functions and the evaluation just hangs.

Have I uploaded it into the correct place/directory? Is this functionality available at time of writing? If using Import what is the correct directory?

Along those same lines, what about exporting to the home directory or any Wolfram Cloud directory?

Thank you for you!!

POSTED BY: Ray Troy
3 Replies

Import

Create a new directory for your project and upload your csv file.

Create a new notebook and use NotebookDirectory and FileNames to get the path to your file.

FilesNames returns a list so First is used to extract the file path.Then Import your file...

Export

Play with the data and then Export to the project folder.

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Emerson Willard
Posted 10 years ago

Thanks to Emerson I searched and found that even free accounts can create directories, upload, and use files.

I was able to use existing code - simple to place data and notebook in same directory

SetDirectory[NotebookDirectory[]];
boxFile="Box-SW-NE-1.gpx";
box = Import[boxFile, "XML"];
POSTED BY: Douglas Kubler

Thanks!! Worked great!! It is a little more confusing in the cloud than on desktop.

POSTED BY: Ray Troy
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract