Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
5 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Unable to upload to the Mathematica Cloud service in version 10.

Posted 10 years ago

Hi there! I've been playing around with Mathematica v. 10 and I can't seem save notebook files to the cloud. Is that function not yet implemented (I know much things seem to be in beta right now)? The error code I receive is 1000. I've tried disabling my antivirus and firewall.

5 Replies

Hi--

I just checked and I had no problem saving a file to the cloud and opening it up from the cloud. I'm using OS X 10.9.4.

I had previously signed up for various betas for Mathematica On-line, etc. so there may be a set -up issue. I was able to open a file I had saved with the on-line beta some months ago.

I would make sure that your Wolfram ID is being used to set up the cloud, and perhaps sign up for the beta for Mathematica on-line. (I don't know how to do that right now -- it may be by invitation only.) A call to supper (or sales) might help.

The good news is that the functionality seems to be working fine. The only problem seems to be set up.

It might have been a temporary issue. Do you still see the problem on your machine?

Can you run the examples in the documentation for CloudExport or CloudPut? Do they give any error messages? What is the full error message you see that mentioned error code 1000? It sometimes helps to know the context for that.

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke

I'm sorry for my lack of information in the first post. I'm running Windows 8. I am also able to run CloudExport and CloudPut. They do not give error messages. There was no other information given about Error Code 1000, see below:

Error Code 1000

I have not used my wolfram ID to sign up for anything cloud related.

Hi, I'm having the same problem with Mathematica v10.0.1. I asked Wolfram Customer Service for help, and I got this answer (attached from here on)

Hello - Error 1000 is almost always caused by a known problem that will be fixed shortly. There is a workaround that I'll copy/paste below:

Hello - Some users may be seeing an error message that says the following when they attempt to save something to the Cloud in either Wolfram Desktop or Mathematica on Windows:

"File failed to save: error 1000"

This was reported in 10.0.0. I have received a workaround from a developer (below), and the problem will be fixed in a minor release in the not-far future.

This should work on Windows:

The problem is essentially caused because \ $TemporaryDirectory and Environment["Temp"] are returning different things. So \$TemporaryDirectory will return something like C:\Users\foobar\AppData\Local\Temp. Environment[“TEMP”] might return something look like C:\Users\foo~1\AppData\Local\Temp. Technically these are the same path to the OS, but the kernel freaks out because they are not the same string even though the OS will interpret them as the same path. You can fix this by setting the operating systems TEMP and TMP environment variables to something shorter.

One approach would be to tell the user to simply create a different user account name that is less than 8 letters or so. But they might not be willing to create dummy accounts just to use Mathematica properly.

Approach number 2 is to set TEMP and TMP to something shorter. You can either do this for Mathematica specifically, with the drawback that you have to do it each time you launch Mathematica, or for the whole OS, with the drawback that you do it for all programs.

If you want to do it for Mathematica specifically:

1) Go to command prompt 2) Navigate to Mathematica installation directory 3) Evaluate: set tmp=C:\TEMP 4) Evaluate: set temp=C:\TEMP 5) Launch Mathematica from command prompt

The problem should be fixed as the temp directories is C:\TEMP.

If you want to do it globally, you can perform a web search for articles which describe how to do this on various versions of Windows.

Hope it helps, good luck

POSTED BY: Danel Madariaga

This is EXACTLY the answer I was looking for. Thank you Danel!

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract