Message Boards Message Boards

Specifying the LLM in Chat Notebooks Doesn't "stick"

Posted 9 months ago

Greetings!

I recently got access to ChatGPT's GPT-4 API and I'm able to use in Mathematica 13.3's Chat Notebooks. However, when I select "GPT-4" under the "Advanced Settings" > "Model" in the inline chat cell config, it doesn't save for subsequent chat input cells. Is there anyway to make "GPT-4" the default model for new chat cells in a Chat-enabled Notebook?

Selecting the model in every new chat cell is tedious.

POSTED BY: Jacob Evans
4 Replies

When editing the selected model you can either: edit at the cell scope (what you're OP is mentioning) or edit at the notebook scope

To edit it for the selected notebook, you want to edit the model selection through the toolbar. enter image description here

There's a pull request to make this selection a bit more intuitive globally (AKA a default state for any session) here: https://github.com/WolframResearch/Chatbook/pull/304 Before that gets merged and pushed out to users, there's a programmatic way you could set this so that any new chat notebook uses gpt-4 CurrentValue[ $FrontEnd, { TaggingRules, "ChatNotebookSettings", "Model" } ] = "gpt-4”

POSTED BY: Avery Davis
Posted 9 months ago

Try this, for now:

CurrentValue[$FrontEnd, TaggingRules] = GeneralUtilities`ToAssociations@CurrentValue[$FrontEnd, TaggingRules];
CurrentValue[$FrontEnd, {TaggingRules, "ChatNotebookSettings", "Model"}] = "gpt-4"

See Avery's comment for a more comprehensive answer. My code snippet will set "gpt-4" once and for all (at the $FrontEnd level, which is persistent across frontend notebook sessions)

POSTED BY: Arnoud Buzing
Posted 9 months ago

Nice! This worked. Thank you, Arnoud.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract