Message Boards Message Boards

How do you get WLJS to work under macOS?

WLJS does not work for me under macOS 14.0 (on an M1 Mac) -- neither the Electron cross-platform app nor the console/web-browser combination. I do have WolframEngine installed and activated with Wolfram; I also have wolframscript and Mathematica. With the app, after all the downloading after i open the app, I get a totally blank window in which I see nothing and can type nothing; with the console/browser combination, after executing "wolframscript -f Scripts/run.wls" I eventually see a binary write error and then the indicated browser URL cannot be opened.

How get it to work?

Reference: https://jerryi.github.io/wljs-docs/ and https://jerryi.github.io/wljs-docs/docs/frontend/instruction.

POSTED BY: Murray Eisenberg
6 Replies

Perhaps the developers @Kirill Belov and @Kirill Vasin have some thoughts on this.

POSTED BY: Sam Carrettie
Posted 9 months ago

Perhaps that was running as intended? It stays stuck in the terminal.

Running wolframscript -f Scripts/run.wls gives a lot of terminal output and eventually somewhere near the end gives some url to go to, which you may access through your browser. WLJS seems to work, and WolframKernel seems to start. It should all be working. There should be a URL. If there isn't, then that's interesting.

POSTED BY: James Wey

No, still not working!

Environment: macOS Sonomal 14.2.1 on Mac Studio M1 Max. Wolfram Language 14.0.9 Engine for Mac OS X ARM (64-bit) 14.0.0.

First, I downloaded the archive. I already had wolframscript installed.

After unzipping the archive and moving it to /Applications/wolfram-js-frontend, I invoked Terminal command "wolframscript -f /Applications/wolfram-js-frontend/Scripts/run.wls". After a lot of output beginning with ...

{Assets, .defaultpackages, .editorconfig, Electron, Examples, .gitattributes, .github, .gitignore, imgs, Kernel, LICENSE, package.json, package-lock.json, PacletInfo.wl, public, README.md, Scripts, .scss, Services, .shead, .vscode}
14.0.0 for Mac OS X ARM (64-bit) (November 7, 2023)
MacOSX-ARM64
/Applications/wolfram-js-frontend
>> LPM version: 11
>> LPM >> project directory >> /Applications/wolfram-js-frontend
>> LPM >> fetching paclet infos...
>> LPM >> fetching info by JerryI/CSocketListener on a Github...
>> LPM >> fetching info by KirillBelovTest/Objects on a Github...
>> LPM >> fetching info by KirillBelovTest/Internal on a Github...
>> LPM >> fetching info by KirillBelovTest/TCPServer on a Github...
>> LPM >> fetching info by KirillBelovTest/HTTPHandler on a Github...
>> LPM >> fetching info by KirillBelovTest/WebSocketHandler on a Github...
>> LPM >> fetching info by JerryI/wl-wsp on a Github...
>> LPM >> fetching info by JerryI/wl-misc on a Github...
>> LPM >> checking cached
>> LPM >> fetching a zip archive from the master branch...

the output ended with:

vent-Loop started! 
Connected
asyncsocket id: d5627296-eac3-4c9e-9afd-b6c0a7002289
Started
---print---
>> "Created server with sid: 0"

BinaryWrite::stream: Missing[KeyAbsent, Null][channel] is not a string, SocketObject, InputStream[ ], or OutputStream[ ].
Warning

BinaryWrite::stream: Missing[KeyAbsent, Null][channel] is not a string, SocketObject, InputStream[ ], or OutputStream[ ].
Warning

General::stop: Further output of BinaryWrite::stream will be suppressed during this calculation.
Warning
---print---
>> "LPM >> project directory >> \
/Applications/wolfram-js-frontend/Packages/wljs-wlx-support"
---print---
>> "LPM >> fetching paclet infos..."
---print---
>> "LPM >> PASSIVE MODE"

Global`NotebookEventFire::shdw: Symbol NotebookEventFire appears in multiple contexts {Global`, JerryI`WolframJSFrontend`Notebook`}; definitions in context Global` may shadow or be shadowed by other definitions.

And then things froze in Terminal.

Posted 9 months ago

Is it still not working on your end?

POSTED BY: James Wey

Same error

POSTED BY: Navvye Anand
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract