Facets: random Wolfram Language visuals

Posted 1 month ago
Attachments:
POSTED BY: Mark Greenberg
7 Replies
POSTED BY: Dorothy Evans
Posted 1 month ago

Hi, Dorothy. Thanks for your comments.

I imagined Facets being more of a showcase for what the WL can do, or what one can do with the WL, rather than being a poker deck. The notion that I might do four instead of three card groupings never occurred to me. Since they don't have ♠-♥-♦-♣ on them, I'm not sure there's a good reason to do so. It would take a little extra work if one wanted to make Facets analogous to a poker deck, but it could be done. Now that I think of it though, two strengths of the electronic version of Facets, random generation and interactivity, would be lost in a physical deck.

The idea of QR codes for the WL expressions is intriguing. A person could hold it up to the computer's camera to paste the expression into a notebook. If I ever turn Facets into a physical deck of cards, I think I'll use your idea. : )

Posted 1 month ago

Mark, Thank you for sharing this. I am also intent to create my own style Wolfram poker. You idea and examples are brilliant and inspired me a lot.

POSTED BY: Frederick Wu
Posted 1 month ago

Thank you Mark for sharing this. I enjoyed reading it. We can have much fun creating cards.
I still have the Wolfram deck card you mentioned at the top. It is still sealed!

I also have a numeric Wolfram deck, and another one with letters.

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Ahmed Elbanna
Posted 1 month ago

enter image description here -- you have earned Featured Contributor Badge enter image description here Your exceptional post has been selected for our editorial column Staff Picks http://wolfr.am/StaffPicks and Your Profile is now distinguished by a Featured Contributor Badge and is displayed on the Featured Contributor Board. Thank you!

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract