|
2 Replies
|
8 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Workbench and Mathematica 10 on Windows

Posted 10 years ago

I have a fresh installation of Workbench 2.0 Build 126 and Mathematica 10.0.0 on Windows. When trying to run tests by right click, Run As -> Mathematica Test, I get:

enter image description here

Has anyone else encountered problems like this? Is there quick fix?

Otherwise: how can I run the test by loading the package MUnit directly and find out precisely which tests are failing and how? I can use TestRun but it won't tell me which tests failed. Also, TestRun will fail when the test file contains a TestSuite, so I ran it manually on each test file.

POSTED BY: Szabolcs Horvát
2 Replies

It looks like when loading the M10 version of MUnit (not the version shipped with WorkBench), one can do

tr = TestReport["testfile.mt"]

But I can't seem to figure out how to get reliable results from it:

enter image description here

I know for a fact that some tests have failed with messages here. Yet it's not telling me which (it claims none). tr["TestsFailedCount"] gives 2.

Can I trust the results I get from this new version of MUnit? I would feel much safer if I could just use the Workbench version which I know works fine. When I played with the test notebook interface in v10, it seemed rather glitchy, but I haven't taken the time to figure out what specifically is wrong with it (if anything) ...

Does WRI use the same version of MUnit internally for testing?

I came up with this sort of workaround. I don't know how safe this is (i.e. whether it will give reliable results), but it let me see the rest results in a useful way.

1. Extract the MUnit package from Workbench and put it in some folder.
  2. Open TestRun.m, find TestRun at the end, and correct Logger to Loggers.
  3. Start a fresh M kernel. PrependTo this folder to the $Path. Don't AppendTo, otherwise M10's builtin MUnit will be loaded.
  4. Needs["MUnit`"]
  5. Use TestRun[#, Loggers -> {NotebookLogger[]}]& on test files. This will generate a test result notebook for each test file.
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract