Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
6 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How to cite Mathematica and WL in a publication?

Posted 10 years ago

Is there a preferred method of citing Mathematica or WL in a scholarly publication?

POSTED BY: W. Craig Carter
6 Replies

Craig, if you will happen to do this - please come and share about that publication on Wolfram Community.

POSTED BY: Vitaliy Kaurov

I'd like to bump this back up: How to cite WL specifically? The link by Daniel shows the prefered form for several Wolfram products, but not the WL itself.

POSTED BY: Kirk Reinholtz

Since at least 13.2, there is a "cite this as" click-to-copy at the bottom of each documentation page. I think that may be the best way to do this if you are using specific functions.

For WL without the FrontEnd, I think you have met your moral obligation by using Danny's link to Mathematica, or perhaps Wolfram Engine Link or Wolfram Language

POSTED BY: W. Craig Carter

Thanks Craig. I opened with a cite of Wolfram Mathematica, but I think my story would flow a bit better with a specific site to WL as well, analogous to how I cite e.g. NDSolve. Otherwise I'm leaving the representation of the math kind of commingled with Mathematica the tool rather than WL the language. Splitting hairs I know!

POSTED BY: Kirk Reinholtz

I would (and do) cite just as Craig suggests.

POSTED BY: Daniel Lichtblau
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract