Message Boards Message Boards

Wolfram U Webinar Series: New in Wolfram 14.1

Posted 25 days ago

enter image description here

Starting tomorrow, August 7, Wolfram U will hosting a weekly webinar series showcasing much of the new and improved functionality present in Version 14.1 of Wolfram Language. The first webinar will provide a broad overview of this release and subsequent versions will delve into detailed subareas like new mathematics functionality, improvements to the compiler, new astronomical and chemical visualizations, AI and LLMs and more. These sessions will be headed by developers from their respective fields, providing you with a unique opportunity to get a look at all of these topics straight from the source.

The schedule is as follows:

August 7, 2024: An Overview of What's New and Improved in Version 14.1

This first session in the New in Wolfram 14.1 webinar series paints a big picture of the new release with special attention to Chat Notebooks, LLM functionality and the latest Wolfram tools for AI systems.

August 14, 2024: Mathematical Computation in Version 14.1

This session begins with an overview of the latest mathematical functionality in the new release and the new world of symbolic-dimensional arrays, stability analysis of dynamical systems and advances in PDE modeling.

August 21, 2024: Updates for the Wolfram Compiler, System Modeler and External Language Integration

This session covers performance updates for the Wolfram Compiler, what's new in System Modeler and the latest in external language integration.

August 28, 2024: Visualizing and Computing Astronomical and Chemical Data and Historical Geography

This session brings you experts sharing incredible advancements for computation with astronomical data, symbolic representation of 3D biomolecules and historical geography.

September 4, 2024: New and Powerful Components for AI and LLMs

In this webinar, you'll learn about Wolfram tools for AI, including connections and prompt engineering for large language models (LLMs), improvements in speech recognition and new video and audio processing functionality.

These sessions are running for the next five Wednesdays at 11:00 AM Central US time.

You can register for this five-part series HERE.

We hope to see you there! (And if you can't make the live sessions, registering means that you'll receive a link to the recordings after each session right in your email!)

POSTED BY: Arben Kalziqi
4 Replies

Great! Looking forward to the Astronomical event.

POSTED BY: Roberto Martinez
Posted 24 days ago

Thank you for recording these!! The time is difficult for me to make, but I will be catching up on the recordings — the first one was very useful, and I see some new features I’m able to use right away.

POSTED BY: Ray Rischpater

Glad the recordings are proving valuable! I'm sure the coming sessions will have even more useful information for you to put into practice.

POSTED BY: Arben Kalziqi

I would guess there are several hundred thousand MMA users out there who have now realized the recent 14.1 download is, shall we say, a little frustrating. You will be pleased to hear a group of Users got together to create a guideline on how to improve the User Experience:

https://youtu.be/jHPOzQzk9Qo?t=30

Robert

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract