15 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Mathematica Online, all plot functions don't work

Posted 10 years ago

Hi,

I'm using Mathematica Online with OS X Yosemite. Access to Mathematica Online is fine, but plotting doesn't work. Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 6 Pi}] gives "Null" as result, but no plot appears on the screen. I have tested this with browsers Safari and Chrome. Any idea?

UPDATE 27th October: == The problem could be solved, in the meanwhile (see details below in this thread). In short, for those who have the same problem: the "Output Cell Format" in the "Preferences->Evaluation" dialog need to be set to "Automic" or "Always use interactive boxes" (but not "Always use bitmaps").

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Florian Wagner
15 Replies
Posted 10 years ago

Hi,

I also tested this with Windows 7 on another PC with Firefox with the same result, plotting is not possible. Seems to be a problem with Mathematica Online.

It works fine for me.

POSTED BY: David Reiss
Posted 10 years ago

Hi David, thanks for the response. Did you use this code snippet? Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 6 Pi}]

The strange thing is that other graphic features are working, e.g. Random RandomGraph[{100,200}] is fine.

Posted 10 years ago

Hm, maybe you are running on a different server. I'm located in Europe, I suppose you are in the US. Maybe I'll just have to be patient.

Yes that's puzzling. Perhaps a Wolfram person on here can check this.

No, that's not it. I am siting in Europe, too, (Yosemite, MMA online), and the plotting feature works just fine. No problem at all.

Cheers,

Marco

POSTED BY: Marco Thiel
Posted 10 years ago
Posted 10 years ago

OK, I ran the Plot function within Programming Cloud with the same result. Plot error

I ran the tests all via the same internet connection. Last week I plotted several graphs without a problem.

Just, for my information, what generates the Null, is it the browser or the server?

Ok. This is quite funny. I would think that Null is kernel rather than browser; but the internet is the only common factor...

Could you try

enter image description here

Cheers,

Marco

Just out of curiosity, If you have desktop Mathematica 10 then inside of Mathematica try evaluating

CloudEvaluate[Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 6 Pi}]]
Posted 10 years ago
Posted 10 years ago
POSTED BY: John Pacey
Posted 10 years ago

Hi John,

thanks for the reply. This finally solved my problem!

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract