|
|
2 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Packages and documentation

Could somebody give me a clear and step by step explanation of how to create documentation that appears in the Help Page (in the Add-ons page)? Haven't managed to do it. Documentation is not terribly clear in this regard. Any help is very welcome Francisco

2 Replies

There is not a simple documented way to do this efficiently as far as I know. However, one way to approach it is to use tools in Wolfram workbench. I have not use these so I cannot comment on them. There is a fair amount of complexity and setting things up for the documentation center. However I and some others in the past have a reverse engineered some of this and some information on this appears in the Documentation Center Notes notebook at the following link:

http://www.scientificarts.com/worklife/notebooks/index.html

Note that this was written several versions of Mathematica ago, so there maybe details that are no longer quite correct. I have not checked it recently. However it will give you a sense of what the internal mechanics are.

You will also want to take a look at the documentation for Wolfram workbench to see how it can be used with its tools to create documentation center pages.

POSTED BY: David Reiss

Many thanks for this, excellent resource. Will work with this and if I have some problem will come back with further requests.

Since this process is such a critical area for the language and for all of us for whom Mathematica is a fundamental tool, it would be important to document it well and clearly.

Thanks again and best regards, Francisco

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract