Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
1 Reply
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How can I recognize characters on a snapshot from running webcam in MATLAB?

Posted 10 years ago

Hello,

I'm working on a project which involves detection of 2D surfaces and the text written on them using a webcam. The surface is being detected and I've been successful in enclosing it in a bounding box.

Now, for text detection I thought if I can crop the snapshot from the webcam based on the region within the rectangle (the bounding box), maybe I can run OCR (optical character recognition) on the cropped snapshot.

But I'm neither able to crop it or recognize the printed characters in any way. I tried running OCR and MSER method already but in vain. I want to avoid neural networks as much as possible as I'm not good at it. Is there a simple way to do it?

I'd be grateful if someone can help me as I'm running late on the project submission!

POSTED BY: Vachan Srinath

Hi,

Is your question about MATLAB as the title suggests? This here is a Mathematica forum. What you want to achieve might be difficult in MATLAB but I am sure that it is quite do-able in Mathematica.

If you are using Mathematica you should post the image and perhaps the code that you already have.

Cheers,

M.

POSTED BY: Marco Thiel
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract