|
5 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

BloombergLink Connectivity

Posted 9 years ago

Hi, I purchased the Finance Platform to get Bloomberg connectivity....when it works its great, but it is very intermittent, and half of the time the connectivity does not work. I have tried everything, e.g. starting Bloomberg before the mathematica kernel, rebooting etc. Does anyone else have similar issues?

POSTED BY: Vineer Bhansali
5 Replies

Does your bloomberg terminal work okay? Does it exhibit any of the intermittent issues you mention? If so, then I would contact Bloomberg. That's not likely the issue though.

Otherwise, I would contact Wolfram Technical Support about this. You may have been given a particular number to contact them that is specific to the Finance Platform. Otherwise please see:

https://www.wolfram.com/support/contact/

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke

Thanks Sean. Yes, the Bloomberg works fine and I have no problem getting data from the API using Excel and other applications. I spoke with Wolfram tech support and they could not troubleshoot it...so it seems like a bug. I sent them notebooks and error messages that I got.

They came back with the suggestion to change the timeout from 5000 to 10000 on the session manager. I tried it but could not even save the longer timeout...so back to square one with time critical apps not being able to run. Now the sole tech support person is out for the rest of the week!

Apparently the session manager had a bug and could not save the timeout (at least on my installation) change....I tried the next suggestion to go to the .m file in preferences and changed it there. But still no joy in connection. Now on hold with Bloomberg to see if they have any ideas.

Posted 8 years ago

I appreciate that I'm late to this discussion, but I have solved similar problems with other Bloomberg client software by manually killing bbcomm.exe with the Task Manager.

POSTED BY: Michael Stern
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract