|
5 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Functions related to Entity, MovieData, PersonData etc do not work

Posted 9 years ago

I am trying to use MovieData, PersonData etc on Mathematica 10.1 Student Edition on OS X 10.10 but I can't get any of the Entity, MovieData or PersonData functions to work. Surprsingly CountryData, FinancialData and Wikipedia data seem to work fine.

Can anyone please let me know what could be the reason?

Thanks in advance,

Vamshi

POSTED BY: Vamshi Jandhyala
5 Replies

Are there specific examples not working? How are they not working? Do they give Missing["NotAvailable"]?

It's possible the data you are looking for is not currently available from the server for some reason.

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke

The functions fail silently without any error message. I just get back the input.

In[257]:= PersonData[Entity["Person", "BillGates::55r7v"], "BirthDate"]

Out[257]= PersonData[ Entity["Person", "BillGates::55r7v"], "BirthDate"]

In[251]:= MovieData[ Entity["Movie", "Avatar::y6ws3"], "ProductionBudgetAdjusted"]

Out[251]= MovieData[ Entity["Movie", "Avatar::y6ws3"], "ProductionBudgetAdjusted"]

In[254]:= MovieData["SampleEntities"]

Out[254]= MovieData["SampleEntities"]

In[258]:= CommonName[Entity["Country", "UnitedStates"]]

Out[258]= CommonName[Entity["Country", "UnitedStates"]]

That's strange. I haven't seen this issue and I can't reproduce it with my own copy of 10.1.0.

Most likely there's something wrong with the configuration of your paclets. The easiest way to resolve this is to remove all the paclet configuration on your installation and reset Mathematica to it's installation default settings.

To do this, follow this article's instructions:

http://support.wolfram.com/kb/12464

If this doens't work, I would contact Wolfram Technical Support about the issue.

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke

Thanks a lot Sean. The functions work now. Your help is much appreciated.

Vamshi

Hi,

I can reproduce this - well sort of. Please have a look at this thread. The instructions on http://support.wolfram.com/kb/12464 do not fix the problem.

Cheers,

Marco

POSTED BY: Marco Thiel
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract