Message Boards Message Boards

Help with map display

Posted 9 years ago

Here is my code. (* Create empty lists *) xlist={}; ylist={}; zlist={};

(* Take inputs for ECEF *) (Label[startinput];x = Input["What is the x coordinate?"]; y = Input["What is the y coordinate?"]; z = Input["What is the z coordinate?"]; AppendTo [xlist, x] AppendTo [ylist, y] AppendTo [zlist, z] (Label[errorcontrol]; again=InputString["Enter more coords? Y for yes, N for no"]; If [again=="Y", Print["Okay!"];Goto[startinput]]; If [again!="N", Print["Sorry, this is an invalid input here!"];Goto[errorcontrol]]; If [again=="N", Print["Okay."]]));

(* Debugging *) Print[xlist] Print[ylist] Print[zlist] Print[x] Print[y] Print[z]

(* Combine Lists *) list=Transpose[{xlist,ylist,zlist}]

(* More Debugging *) Print[list]

(* Put in Coordinate Form *) GeoPositionXYZ[{x, y, z}, "ITRF00"];

(* Convert to LLA *) GeoPosition[%]

(* Display Map *) GeoGraphics[GeoMarker[GeoPosition[%]],GeoRange -> "World", GeoProjection -> "Robinson"]

(* Display 3D Plot *) ListPointPlot3D[list, DataRange -> {{-1000000, 1000000}, {-1000000, 1000000}}]

The issue is: The map only displays the very last point entered. It should show all the points but I have absolutely no idea how to convert an entire list of cartesian coordinates to latitude longitude and then display them all on the map. Thanks for the help.

POSTED BY: Nathan Lundholm
2 Replies
Posted 9 years ago

del

POSTED BY: Bill Simpson
Posted 9 years ago

Perhaps you can look at this and see how to adapt it to display multiple points on the same map

points = {};
For[i = 1, i < 6, i++,
  point = Input["What are the {x,y,z} coordinates?"];
  AppendTo[points, GeoMarker[GeoPosition[point]]];
];
GeoGraphics[points, GeoRange -> "World", GeoProjection -> "Robinson"]

Note: You enter those x,y,z coordinates inside braces, like this,

{13, 25, 37}

for each point

POSTED BY: Bill Simpson
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract