|
8 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Equation solving,

Posted 9 years ago

Hello, Is there any way to solve an equation containing a combination of 'x' square, 'x' and under root 'x' along with other coefficients? Or can we solve two coupled equations via Mathematica at once? Plz reply soon.

POSTED BY: Suleman Khalid
8 Replies

Can you post the equation?

POSTED BY: suvadip mandal
Posted 9 years ago

You have not given any indication of what you have tried. You have not even given a clear description of what it is you want.

Rules of thumb for posting questions: Be clear. Give examples., Provide whatever code you have tried. Don't make people guess as to what it is that's being asked.

POSTED BY: Daniel Lichtblau

Hi,

Daniel is quite right: a clear description of the problem would help. You say:

solve an equation containing a combination of 'x' square, 'x' and under root 'x' along with other coefficients

This following equation has $x^2$, $x$ and $\sqrt{x}$ with a couple of coefficients and solves just fine:

NSolve[2 x^2 - x + 3 Sqrt[3 x] - 2 == 0, x] 
(*{{x -> -0.847034 + 1.29585 I}, {x -> -0.847034 - 1.29585 I}, {x -> 0.164977}}*)

Even for the general form you get an analytical solution if you want:

Solve[a x^2 + b x + c Sqrt[d x] - 2 == 0, x]

Here is the first of the solution Solve finds:

enter image description here

So these guys are a bit long.

Solve[a x^2 + b x + c Sqrt[d x + e] + g == 0, x]

evaluates in about 4/100 of a second on my machine. So without further specification of the problem it will be difficult to help.

Best wishes, Marco

POSTED BY: Marco Thiel
Posted 9 years ago

Sorry, I am new here. Sorry once again. My whole equation is attached here in a mathematica file, and an example is given as

x^2(4pqr + 3nr - ......) - Sqrt[64 x a^8 e^2 M^6 Q^2 r^8 - 128 x^2 a^7 e G L M^6 Q r^7]+ x(5lm + n/q -q/m .......) + Sqrt[ x a e M^4 Q^2 r^8 - 55 x^2 a^7 e G L M^6 Q r^7]........................

A number of under root expressions containing x, x^2 etc too. So please help. So sugest me any to solve my equation. Thanks a lot,

Attachments:
Posted 9 years ago

Equation is attached here. I have to solve this equation for L. Thanks.

Attachments:
Posted 9 years ago

Sorry, I am new here. Equation is attached here. I have to solve this equation for L. Thanks.

Attachments:
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract