6 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

how to format the text in a matrix ?

Posted 9 years ago

I insert a table via the insert menu Now the annoying part that when i type the text it types from the middle .... can i make type it from the left to right , i mean left justified ?

Insert 3x3 table

You see for example line 203 starts typing from middle and because of this all my text will look porly formatted :(

POSTED BY: bogd timo
6 Replies

Well, the more flexible you want to be, i.e. the more requirements you have regarding the output, the more important it becomes to learn some coding.

M.

POSTED BY: Marco Thiel
Posted 9 years ago

I did that , it worked , but the output is aligned Left but IS READ ONLY !? All the text has now added quotes "xxxx" and i cannot modify it

Ps: i used CTRL+9 to add text in boxes...

Posted 9 years ago

I dont want to use code because i am not good at Mathematica cooding :(

Hi,

it would probably be easier if you did "use code". If you do not want to do that for some reason you can wrap the table that you do my "Insert" into Grid["here goes your table",Frame-> All,Alignment->Left], i.e.

enter image description here

and you should get what you want.

Cheers,

Marco

Posted 9 years ago

I dont use any code LOOOL I just use Insert Table command from the menu...

Hi,

it would be useful to see your code. If you display the table using Grid, then the Alignment option would be useful.

data=Table[StringJoin@RandomChoice[CharacterRange["A", "Z"], RandomInteger[{4, 10}]], {i,1, 4}, {j, 1, 3}];
Grid[data, Frame -> All, Alignment -> Left]

Cheers,

Marco

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract