Message Boards Message Boards

Raspberry Pi and Wolfram Alpha integration problem with Temboo?

Posted 8 years ago

Hello,

I've been a big Arduino user since my introduction into the IoT, but am planning to switch to the Raspberry Pi 3 with the new updates. With Arduino though, I got really big into using Temboo to generate my code so that I could remove that whole entire coding headache from the process. Is there any way to still use Temboo with the Raspberry Pi? I want to use it with the Wolfram Alpha query Choreo to search for something every time a touch sensor is triggered.

Thanks!

POSTED BY: Clint Bernstein
4 Replies

@Jasper Cheng, thanks! Incredibly glad to have someone from Temboo personally reach out. The Python SDK seems like a doable solution, but I'll make sure to shoot an email to your support if there's any problems. Fingers crossed!

@Bernat Espigulé Pons, thanks for the response. That's definitely helpful, but my goal is more with avoiding the need to program anything and still being able to use Wolfram's functionality or other services if I change the workflow in the future. Utilizing the language would mean I'd have to create the code from scratch and then modify everything again if I decide to change how it functions.

POSTED BY: Clint Bernstein

If you are planning to use Python, I do not see why would not it pose the same as you say issue of "I'd have to create the code from scratch". Unless you already have some legacy code. If not, Wolfram Language is known for numerous built in features with no libraries needed to be added. THat is what @Bernat Espigulé Pons was trying to say, WolframAlpha API calls are built in feature of Wolfram Language. Plus another ~5000 current functions you could use to build your application.

POSTED BY: Vitaliy Kaurov

@Clint Bernstein, with the Raspberry Pi 3 you will be able to make Wolfram Alpha queries directly from the Wolfram Language which is FREE (for non-commercial use) on every Raspberry Pi. That's an alternative to Temboo's Wolfram Alpha query Choreo.

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Bernat Espigulé
Posted 8 years ago

Hi there,

Thanks for asking, I work for Temboo and I’d love to help. To get Temboo working on a Raspberry Pi, you should use our Python SDK. You can find more info on getting started with it here:

https://temboo.com/python

After that, everything else should be as usual. Hopefully this helps, but if you still have other questions please message our support at support@temboo.com: we have an amazingly responsive team there happy to help!

Thanks, Jasper

POSTED BY: Jasper Cheng
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract