Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
6 Replies
|
3 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Which Eclipse should be installed for Workbench?

Posted 8 years ago

I just got the notice from Customer Service regarding the newly available Workbench as an Eclipse plugin. The Wolfram instructions say to install JDK8 and Eclipse Neon before installing the plugin.

I get to the point of installing Eclipse and the installer offers a lot of options. My guess is that I should install "Eclipse IDE for Java Developers" or "Eclipse IDE for Java and Report Developers." But I hate guessing.

Does anyone know for sure which to install?

enter image description here

POSTED BY: David Keith
6 Replies

@Szabolcs Horvat Which one did you install? I never do Java but sometimes I do C/C++, so I installed the third one. I tried with that one and it seems to work (at least the parts that I have used).

POSTED BY: Gustavo Delfino

The one for parallel development. It was only the documentation build that didn't work. And I didn't have the JDK installed.

POSTED BY: Szabolcs Horvát

Correction, I did have the JDK installed. The problem must have been due to something else.

I did not install the top one at first and it was not good. Documentation build failed.

I suggest you install the top one, "for Java Developers". Certain Java tools, such as Ant, are required for some parts of the Workbench to work and aren't included in all types of Eclipse (though the support article does say that the JDK, not JRE, is required, so maybe my mistake was not installing the JDK separately).

Posted 8 years ago

I installed the top one and all seems good.

POSTED BY: Francesco S
Posted 8 years ago

Is this what you are looking for?

http://support.wolfram.com/kb/27221

POSTED BY: E Martin
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract