lf2507
(L F)
September 26, 2019, 12:15am
1
I’m following the instructions in this page, where I try to do
ResourceData["CIFAR-100"]
I got this error message
Uncompress::corrupt: Compressed data “” is corrupt and does not represent an expression.
I’m on a MacBook Pro with mathematica 12.0.0. I am able to load CIFAR-10 dataset.
Does anyone have any idea why it fails?
Thank you.
I have experienced this before with a different resource. Not sure what causes it, but the following worked for me.The documentation for ResourceObject has a "ContentElementLocations" property. I deleted the LocalObject directory, quit the kernel and then ResourceData succeeded. e.g.
ResourceObject["CIFAR-100"]["ContentElementLocations"]
which generates the following on my machine
<|TestData->CloudObject[https://www.wolframcloud.com/objects/c6af5ee2-7e65-42a9-af00-937115e4351f ],TestLabels->CloudObject[https://www.wolframcloud.com/objects/e8ef48ed-66ab-4165-a51f-1d73cea69373 ],TrainingData1->CloudObject[https://www.wolframcloud.com/objects/2d3a1d21-a4b5-49e6-8c2d-5ebe5ad546b4 ],TrainingData2->CloudObject[https://www.wolframcloud.com/objects/b4661564-8af5-4490-9bfa-12317fd6112e ],TrainingData3->CloudObject[https://www.wolframcloud.com/objects/fab8802a-33d6-449b-829a-bd2602375094 ],TrainingData4->CloudObject[https://www.wolframcloud.com/objects/16ee8a69-1001-4751-ae77-2362c38cdd30 ],TrainingData5->CloudObject[https://www.wolframcloud.com/objects/b653d1f2-a9ff-435b-89fc-1097a396788e ],TrainingLabels->CloudObject[https://www.wolframcloud.com/objects/52ee04c5-9953-4ceb-b9f3-2f776a5dd424 ],TrainingData->LocalObject[file:///Users/rohit/Library/Wolfram/Objects/Resources/69f/69f1e629-81e6-4eaa-998f-f6734fcd2cb3/download/TrainingData/2992664539ec521f/data]|>
If you see something similar, delete the corresponding LocalObject directory /Users/rohit/Library/Wolfram/Objects/Resources/69f/, quit the kernel and then re-evaluate ResourceData["CIFAR-100"].
lf2507
(L F)
September 26, 2019, 1:56am
3
Thank you very much! That works for me as well.
gregoryls
(Gregory Sowder)
February 8, 2020, 7:43pm
4
Reference Avoid issue with ResourceData caching in Windows?
[1]: Avoid issue with ResourceData caching in Windows?
[Experimental] as of Mathematica Version 11.0
ResourceRemove[ResourceObject[“CIFAR-100”]]
“ResourceRemove deletes both the locally stored content and metadata”
or,
Not [Experimental] as of Mathematica Version 11.2
DeleteObject[ResourceObject[“CIFAR-100”]]