bryan1
(Bryan Minor)
April 18, 2017, 5:29pm
1
Is anyone interested in and actively using Wolfram to do Deep Learning research?
I am doing research in all areas of Deep Learning with my focus currently on VGG style of convolution neural networks (CNN). I will be branching out very soon to RLN, RNN, and GAN research very soon.
I would like to be able to compare experiences and lessons learned using Wolfram in these areas.
Thanks for any interest in discussions on Deep Learning.
Vitaliyk
(Vitaliy Kaurov)
April 20, 2017, 8:04am
2
Just a note that while CNNs were already present in Wolfram Language 11.0:
RNNs were added in Wolfram Language 11.1 and examples can be found in docs in:
NetTrain >> Applications >> Sequence Learning and NLP
Please also see full info for available layers here:
bryan1
(Bryan Minor)
April 21, 2017, 2:57pm
3
Thank Vitaliy for the information
I have doing numerous VGG CNN instances with 11.1 with success. Much to learn about the possibilities.
Do you know of any good examples with Wolfram Mathematica doing:
RLN
GAN
Deep learning cases?
sebastianb
(Sebastian Bodenstein)
April 21, 2017, 3:23pm
4
I’ve never seen the acronym “RLN”. Could you clarify what you mean by this?
neils
(Neil Singer)
April 21, 2017, 4:48pm
5
Vitaliy,
Is the neural net code in Mathematica all “home grown” or do you use software such as tensorflow under the hood?
Regards
sebastianb
(Sebastian Bodenstein)
April 21, 2017, 4:57pm
6
We use Apache MXNet (http://mxnet.io/ ) as a backend, and we also contribute improvements to this open source project.
bryan1
(Bryan Minor)
April 21, 2017, 6:21pm
7
Hi Sebastian,
Sorry if I miss spoke, I mean Reinforcement Learning Neural Network (RLNN).
The basic types we are working on are:
CNN - Convolution NN
Reinforcement Learning Neural Network (RLNN)
RNN - Recurrent NN
GAN - Generative Adversarial Networks
To date I have been working on variation of the VGG implementation of CNNs.
The other type I will be working on shortly, and at this point getting up to speed.
One further note, I am using Tensor Flow on also on a local GPU cube server, and on p2 blade instances at AWS.
sebastianb
(Sebastian Bodenstein)
April 21, 2017, 6:43pm
8
This is still not entirely clarified, as “RLNN” is still a non-standard acronym (as far as I know). Are you referring to policy networks in reinforcement learning? Perhaps send me a link to a paper or page which does what you want.
bryan1
(Bryan Minor)
April 21, 2017, 9:36pm
9
I am not an expert in RL. The paper of interest is: https://www.cs.toronto.edu/~vmnih/docs/dqn.pdf
bryan1
(Bryan Minor)
April 21, 2017, 10:00pm
10
Sebastian → I am thoroughly enjoying using Mathematica 11.1 to explore and learn on DL technology, thanks for your team’s excellent work.
bryan1
(Bryan Minor)
April 21, 2017, 10:05pm
11
Sebastian,
So the documentation of MXnet.io should be helpful for using DL in Mathematica 11.1?