I am no longer able to import data from a spreadsheet into Mathematica. A long time ago I used to do this from Microsoft Excel, but now I have Libre Office. I can still import files that I at the time made with Excel, but Libre Office calc files are not accepted, no matter whether I save them in Libre Office as .xls, .ods, or xlsx-files.
Except for files that I in the old times made with Microsoft Excel, a command like
list=Import[“D:\Data for Mathematica\xls-files\test.xls”]
no longer works. Each time I get the message “file not found during import”.
What am I doing wrong?
Maybe rather like so:
list=Import["D:\\Data for Mathematica\\xls-files\\test.xls"]
Thanks for your advice, Henrik. I had tried that already, but it did not work. But just a half hour ago I found on
https://mathematica.stackexchange.com/questions/8997
a nice approach that turns out to work perfectly.
So my problem has been solved.
Thanks again for your attention..