I have used the File > Install command, and now I would like to uninstall the thing I’ve installed. However, the documentation for File > Install doesn’t tell me how or lead to me to the right directions. Funny trick, Wolfram; you got me again.
Mac or windows?
Installed data will generally be in your user-specific base directory. You can open this in your OS with:
$UserBaseDirectory // SystemOpen
A package will generally be added under the "Applications" sub-folder so delete it there. The only common case I can think of where it wouldn’t be there is if it’s a paclet. Then you’d find it here:
$UserBasePacletsDirectory // SystemOpen
Or better:
PacletFind["pacletName"]
But the Install... menu item doesn’t seem to do that.
Windows 10
Thank you. I found it via UserBaseDirectory, under Applications.
Windows 10
Joe,
Packages are installed in the $BaseDirectory in the Applications subfolder. On the Mac it is “Library/Mathematica/Applications”. On windows, evaluate $BaseDirectory and browse to the Applications folder and delete any unwanted packages.
Thanks. I found it, but it was not under BaseDirectory, it was under UserBaseDirectory.