|
10 Replies
|
13 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Mathematica 11.1 Is Out Now!

Posted 7 years ago

Mathematica 11.1 is out now! With over 100 new functions, the latest version significantly expands Mathematica's already state-of-the-art capabilities in machine learning, neural networks, audio processing, robust descriptive statistics and more. Longtime users will also notice a major redesign to the appearance of our documentation.

Machine Learning

Neural Networks

• Neural network functionality has been significantly enhanced, adding seamless support for variable-length sequences and recurrent networks, over 20 new layer types, powerful new network combinators and a growing library of pre-trained neural nets to use as building blocks

• Obtain a trained version of existing neural nets or specific properties of a given net with NetModel

Audio Processing

• Record audio from various connected devices through an interactive user interface using AudioCapture

• Integrated audio analysis functionality that computes loudness or plots the cepstrum of a recording

More Cool New Functionality

• CurrentImage has been significantly rewritten for faster dynamic image capturing

• New functions useful in microscope image processing: BrightnessEqualize and Image3DProjection

• The addition of new region properties and region constructors greatly increases geometric computation functionality: SierpinskiMesh, MengerMesh, CantorMesh, HilbertCurve, PeanoCurve and more

• Robust descriptive statistics functionality with applications in location, dispersion and shape characterization

• New functions for performing web searches (WebSearch, WebImageSearch) and translating text between dozens of languages (TextTranslation)

• Create customizable visualizations of geographic properties that can wrap entities with GeoBubbleChart

• Completely redesigned documentation with responsive layout

POSTED BY: John Moore
10 Replies

I guess this is a count of functions that have stood the test of time ;-)

POSTED BY: Sander Huisman

And there are actually more functions than show there. Functions like URLFetch (superseded by URLRead and URLExecute) are not counted in any of those bars.

POSTED BY: Gustavo Delfino

Here is a plot of the number of functions for each release:

funcs=WolframLanguageData[];
versions=WolframLanguageData[funcs,"VersionIntroduced"];
out=SortBy[Tally[versions],First];
out[[All,2]]=Accumulate[out[[All,2]]];
out={#1,{If[IntegerQ[#1],100,50],#2}}&@@@out;
blue=RGBColor[0.37,0.51,0.71];
cols=If[IntegerQ[#],blue,Lighter[blue]]&/@out[[All,1]];
RectangleChart[Labeled[#2,Rotate[#1,\[Pi]/4],Below]&@@@out,BarSpacing->0,ImageSize->600,ChartStyle->cols,Frame->True,GridLines->Automatic,FrameTicks->{{Automatic,Automatic},{None,None}}]

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Sander Huisman
Posted 7 years ago

A reboot fixed the problem.

POSTED BY: Mark Fisher

Here is a screen short on my computer:enter image description here

Posted 7 years ago

This is what it looks like.

Attachments:

I tested this on my MacBook Pro (2016) and saw no problem.

Posted 7 years ago

I upgraded to Version 11.1 on my macbook pro and the new coloring makes the autocompletion help unreadable. I think it consists of very dark blue text on a black background. Is there some way I can fix this?

Hi, I have just upgraded it. Go to Your User Portal and do it! Good luck Christos

Posted 7 years ago

http://blog.wolfram.com/2017/03/16/the-rd-pipeline-continues-launching-version-11-1

Is this new release actually available for test and upgrade?

I could not find any link or clue on the subject on the Wolfram site.

Does anyone know about it?

Thanks.

POSTED BY: E Martin
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract