4 Replies
|
5 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

Disable Autocompletion - keep popup suggestions

Posted 11 years ago
As the title suggests, is there a way to disable autocompletion but keep the suggestion box with similar function names whilst typing?

I find the box useful, but the autocomplete incredibly irritating. I can either disable autocomplete in the preferences menu, but this too disables the suggestions.
POSTED BY: Steven M
4 Replies
Posted 11 years ago
That's what it was! My mouse was hovering over the tooltip, and then hitting the left bracket would cause that option to be selected! If I move the mouse away it behaves as expected.

Many thanks for your help.
It is supposed to, yes. Otherwise there would a be a bug.

When you complete on a function name and type an opening bracket, then you also get a template popup (with a down triangle in it).
If you see this you can hit the down arrow key followed by the enter key then it will pop up the function templates for that function.
POSTED BY: Arnoud Buzing
Posted 11 years ago
Hi Arnoud,

I think it was when I pushing the left bracket it was auto-inputting a different function to the one I typed, although turning it back on now it seems I can't replicate that behaviour.  That's really strange, perhaps it was something else... Sorry about that! Thanks for your help anyway.

Is it normally the case that the autocomplete only happens with Enter/Return?
The autocompletion only happens when you press the Enter/Return key. Is that what is bothering you?
POSTED BY: Arnoud Buzing
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract