|
12 Replies
|
4 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How to change Y axis range

Posted 11 years ago
How can I change the Y axis range from 10^-3 to 10^0 with step size: 10^-1 to plot the following function
f = Product[ 1 - (Gamma[m, (m (((10 Log10[3]) *0.5)/S )^(1/n))/t] Gamma[ m, (m ((10 Log10[3]*0.75)/S)^(1/n))/t])/Gamma[m]^2, {i, 1, M}] /. Subscript -> Part;
p = Plot[f, {S, 0, 20}, PlotRange -> {0,1}]
Assuming that: m =1.64, n=2, M = 3 , t=1.57

I used PlotRange but it does not work..

Thanks for your support
POSTED BY: John G
12 Replies
Yahia, The PlotRange produces the correct result. Do you just want to change ticks?
POSTED BY: Shenghui Yang
These lines will give you the result: 
ticks = {10^-4, 10^-3, 10^-2, 10^-1, 0};
p = LogPlot[f, {S, 0, 20}, PlotRange -> {10^-4, 1},
  Ticks -> {Automatic, ticks}, GridLines -> Automatic, Frame -> True]

Posted 11 years ago
Hi, Mr.Yang,

Yes, I need to change it like the below graph of Y axis scale...Thanks a lot for your cooperation 

Posted 11 years ago
Mr.Yang,

You are right!!, I have already plot the graph as below. Actually, I have another question if possible. I need to know how to plot the graph in Analytical (theoretical) versus Simulation (Empirical) result as illustarated in my original graph above. In fact, in Matlab, there is a tool box with Monte-Carlo option but I would like to know how we can achieve it in Mathematica. However, I have posted a question on your Forum before called "How To Plot The Outage Probability (F)", but I am still confused for the given answer!! and it's not the right way. I appreciate your support. Thanks a lot

so you want to plot the scattered data and the smooth curver together? 
Posted 11 years ago
Yes, the scattered data (by simulation) vs smooth curve in the same graph. Thanks
Then you just need Show and ListLogPlot to complete this task in addition to your plot result p: 
Show[ListLogPlot[<dataList>],LogPlot[func,range]]
Posted 11 years ago
I have tried your command but it does not work, you can implement it with the given function: "dataList" is not recognized!!
f = Product[ 1 - (Gamma[m, (m (((10 Log10[3]) *0.5)/S )^(1/n))/t] Gamma[ m, (m ((10 Log10[3]*0.75)/S)^(1/n))/t])/Gamma[m]^2, {i, 1, M}] /. Subscript -> Part;
p = Plot[f, {S, 0, 20}, PlotRange -> {0,1}]
m =1.64, n=2, M = 3 , t=1.57
Did you repace <DataList> with the actual data you have? You can put some numbers (~10) here for test
Posted 11 years ago
Is it possible to use RandomVariate for (S) for choosing random values?
For which "S"? the global one, yes. Not Ok for the localized one in Plot. 
Posted 11 years ago
The graph has been plotted but I used Table option as follows: 

data2 = Table[{S, f}, {S, 0, 40}]
G2 = ListLogPlot[data2, PlotRange -> {10^-4, 1}, Ticks -> {Automatic, ticks}, GridLines -> Automatic, Frame -> True]

I think it's wrong way, but what about your openion? 

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract