Message Boards Message Boards

Convert a notebook to LaTeX?

Posted 7 years ago

Hey guys:

I am trying to convert following notebook, which only contains two figures into LaTeX file. However, it keeps failing. It only works when I get rid of the Legends. Wondering is there anyway I can save two figures with legends as a LaTeX file.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Zhehao Zhang
3 Replies

Writing notebooks with the intention to convert them to LaTeX later is not a very good idea. You'll hit many problems. It's better to write LaTeX from scratch.

If you just want to convert an old notebook, then you can always Export the figures separately. If the notebook won't export to LaTeX at all with a certain figure, remove that figure, export without it, then re-insert it later.

POSTED BY: Szabolcs Horvát

If there is no objection I will request that these last two responses be moved to a new thread. Also I will try to get some more eyeballs on it. I was starting to believe I was the only person in the world who used notebooks to write up work, and then had to deal with the pitfalls of saving to LaTeX and PDF.

POSTED BY: Daniel Lichtblau
Posted 4 years ago

Daniel:

I don't have a need for LaTeX, but almost all of the work I do I have to generate a PDF.

POSTED BY: Mike Besso
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract